Banners Over Main Street Policy, Procedures, & Application
The City of Aspen provides space for banners across Main Street with the intent of advertising community events, be it for Arts organizations, Non-Profits, or Not-for-Profit organizations.
The City Manager’s Office facilitates the hanging of banners across Main Street with the Electric department in accordance with Municipal Code 26.510.030 (B)(3). Reservations will be taken each year on the first business day in November for the upcoming year.
Spaces are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis with preference as follows:
- Non-profit events within Aspen which are free to the public;
- Free community events taking place within Aspen sponsored by a non-profit;
- Non-profit events that take place in Aspen and charge a fee for participation;
- Free community events sponsored by other than a non-profit taking place within Aspen;
- Events taking place outside of the City are considered last.
- Banner drop off and pick up is the City's Electric department, located at 219 Puppy Smith.
- Banners may be hung for a maximum of two (2) weeks per event.
- Unless it is a holiday, banners go up on Mondays.
- Sorry, we cannot guarantee which side of traffic the banner will face or what time of the day banners will be hung.
Need more information? Call 970-920-5212 or view our additional Street Banners page.
Banners or Flags on Light Posts Along Main Street & in the Downtown Core
The City of Aspen provides space to hang banners and flags on Main Street and in the downtown core on light posts with the intent of celebrating significant anniversaries of local non-profit organizations beginning in the 10th year anniversary and for prominent local, regional, national or international events. The United States, Colorado, Aspen, or foreign country flags shall be permitted at the discretion of the City Manager.
Space is reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. Applications must be received three months in advanced in order to be considered. The fee is $510 for the total of 30 spaces.
- The duration is 14 days or the duration of the event, whichever is less.
- Light pole banners must be delivered to the Electric Department two weeks prior to the scheduled hang date.
- Flags must be delivered to the Parks Department two weeks prior to the scheduled hang date.
- A $50 late fee will be imposed if banner / flags are not delivered two weeks prior to the hang date.
Need more information? Call 970-920-5212 or view our Light Pole / Flag Banners page.