Driveless With Transportation Options
UPDATES & INFORMATION
- Glenwood Canyon – Sign Up For Information & Alerts
- Information about the Colorado Department of Transportation’s Roundabout project taking place spring and summer of 2022.
Or call 970-457-0782 or email CO82AspenRoundabout@gmail.com.
- CDOT Glenwood Canyon Summer preparation, material removal from Colorado River, alternative routes and project information – for complete article click here.
- Project information line at 970-319-1887
- Project team email: I70GlenwoodCanyon@gmail.com
- Project website: codot.gov/projects/glenwood-canyon-emergency-repairs
- Maroon Bells Tour – Reservations now open
Aspen Transit Mission
Preserving Aspen’s character by keeping traffic congestion and pollution at a minimum. Aspen offers residents, commuters and visitors several convenient transportation options.
Getting Around Aspen
Eight free bus routes will show you all that Aspen has to offer! Buses between Aspen and the Aspen-Pitkin County Airport are free. The Downtowner offers door-to-door service around town. WE-cycle bikes are great for trips around town and free for first 30 minutes of every ride.
Visiting or new in town? View our Summer Transportation Guide for all the info you need to get around like a local.
Getting Around the Valley & Beyond
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) buses offer service between Aspen and Rifle, also connecting to the Town of Snowmass Village. Service between Aspen and Snowmass Village is fare-free. Snowmass Village and Glenwood Springs offer transit services within their communities.
Bustang offers some great travel experiences throughout Colorado including transit service between Glenwood Springs and Denver.
Pick up your daily Carpool Permit at the Carpool Parking Kiosk located at the Brush Creek Park & Ride:
- Available Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Carpool permits allow free all-day parking in designated carpool spaces and in the residential parking zones
- Carpool permits are issued to carpool groups of two or more adults
Car To Go, Aspen’s car share program, is a convenient, cost saving alternative to car ownership.
Bike or Walk
Biking and walking are great ways to get around Aspen and the Roaring Fork valley. Aspen is home to a variety of paths and trails and is also located at one end of the 42-mile Rio Grande Trail, connecting to Glenwood Springs.
This summer experience the Galena Cooper Living Lab in Downtown Aspen.