Kids First is an early childhood resource center that supports quality, affordable childcare choices in Aspen, Pitkin County, CO. We can help you choose childcare, see if you qualify for help to pay for childcare, and provide information about community resources for young children, their families and the early childhood education programs that care for them.
We can help you navigate the childcare system!
We have an inter-active map to help you locate childcare programs!
Kids First does not recommend one program over another, it is up to you as a family to choose the best program for your child! We can help you navigate the system; contact us if you have questions. You can also click at the bottom of this page to search the Colorado Shines data base.
Child Abuse Prevention
We want to keep raising awareness that we all have a role to play to prevent child abuse, not just in April. If you see something that you wonder about, call 844-CO-4-Kids or 844-264-5437. Local child and adult protection staff will investigate, and provide supports.
WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU
We continue to find our way through this pandemic, and it hasn't gotten any easier. Below are some community resources to give you ideas about what to do with and for the children while you are working.
● Middle school-aged child care: The Aspen Youth Center may have spots available. Visit www.aspenyouthcenter.org for more information.
● Self-help: Consider teaming up with families whose children are in your child’s class or supervised learning cohort and make plans to switch out. Please check the public health guidelines, as these do change.
● Pitkin County Human Services is here to support our community with connection to resources, economic and food assistance and much more.
● Kids First can help find childcare for children before they enter Kindergarten. We can also see if you qualify for funding to help pay for childcare. 970-920-5769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Childcare Financial Aid
The next deadline for Kids First Childcare Financial Aid is February 1, 2022; you can fill out the application on-line! There are additional documents that you will need to email to us. You can also try out the calculator before you fill out the application to see if you qualify.
Early Childhood Newsletter
Kids First publishes a newsletter for people working in early childhood programs, and community members who are interested in early childhood education - in Pitkin, Eagle, Garfield, and Lake Counties.
If you would like to receive our newsletter, or if you already do, and you have suggestions - you can let us know here!
Are You a Child Advocate?
These organizations can help you navigate legislation at the state and national level:
- https://www.coloradokids.org/advocacy/ Colorado Children's Campaign, policy information and ways to be involved at the state level.
- https://leg.colorado.gov/ Colorado General Assembly, this site goes to state level bills, laws, who your elected officials are, who is which committee and more. You can even watch the live stream if you get really into it! Find your state senator and house representative and put their phone numbers and email in your phone.
- https://www.zerotothree.org/policy-and-advocacy Zero to Three, policy agenda and policy network at the national level.
- https://www.naeyc.org/get-involved/advocate resources to be an advocate for children at the national level.
- https://www.house.gov/ United States House of Representatives, find your representative, bills, and yes even watch live action.
- https://www.senate.gov/ United States Senate, find your senator’s contact information, follow bills and more.
Contact us if you have questions - 970-920-5363 or email@example.com