Rio Grande Recycle Center
The center ONLY accepts:
- Glass bottles
- Grass and Leaves in the Yard Waste bin only (No branches, brush or trees. These must be taken to the landfill)
What can you do with Cardboard and Other Items?
Rules for Use of Rio Grande Recycle Center
- Acceptable Recycling Materials (listed above) can be dropped off free of charge during daylight hours every day of the year.
- Disposal of items including food and trash could be subject to fines and penalties.
- No Christmas trees are accepted March through November.
- Naked Christmas Trees (no decorations or lights on trees) from mid December through February 14 in tree corral area.
- No Wreaths and No Garlands
- Learn more about the City’s Christmas Tree Composting Program with this video
- Holiday lights are accepted in the red Metals Only dumpster for recycled.
How to Recycle in Aspen Video
- No food or trash may be left at the RGRC in order to protect bears and other wildlife. Violators may be subject to fines and penalties.
- Rinse your recycling before depositing at the RGRC.
Recycling Guidelines during Covid-19
- Do Not Recycle any items that have been in contact with a sick person’s mouth, nose or eyes (with any illness) such as:
- beverage bottles and cans
- food containers and cartons
- Put these items in a bag and in the trash and then wash your hands.
- Please refer to the CDC guidelines for specific recommendations on waste disposal in households with people exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19.