Rio Grande Recycle Center
The center ONLY accepts:
- Glass bottles
- Grass and Leaves in the Yard Waste bin only (No branches, brush or trees. These must be taken to the landfill)
- Compostable Takeaway Containers
What can you do with Cardboard and Other Items?
Rules for Use of Rio Grande Recycle Center
- Acceptable Recycling Materials (listed above) can be dropped off free of charge during daylight hours every day of the year.
- Disposal of items including food and trash could be subject to fines and penalties.
- No Christmas trees are accepted March through November.
- Naked Christmas Trees (no decorations or lights on trees) from mid December through February 14 in tree corral area.
- No Wreaths and No Garlands
- Learn more about the City’s Christmas Tree Composting Program with this video
- Holiday lights are accepted in the red Metals Only dumpster for recycled.
How to Recycle in Aspen Video
- No food or trash may be left at the RGRC in order to protect bears and other wildlife. Violators may be subject to fines and penalties.
- Rinse your recycling before depositing at the RGRC.
Recycling Guidelines during Covid-19
- Do Not Recycle any items that have been in contact with a sick person’s mouth, nose or eyes (with any illness) such as:
- beverage bottles and cans
- food containers and cartons
- Put these items in a bag and in the trash and then wash your hands.
- Please refer to the CDC guidelines for specific recommendations on waste disposal in households with people exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19.