Curbside Recycling is provided by private haulers and is planned to continue as normal. Please observe the following changes in safety protocol.
- Do Not Recycle any items that have been in contact with a sick person’s mouth, nose or eyes (with any illness) such as bottles, cans or food containers. Put these items in a bag and in the trash and then wash your hands.
- Please refer to the CDC guidelines for specific recommendations on waste disposal in households with people exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19.
We are currently able to respond to customers via email or phone, employees are working remotely. Please see the contact information on this page.
Changes at the Rio Grande Recycle Center
How to Recycle in Aspen Video
These items are Recyclable at your Home, Business or at Pitkin County landfill
These items are NOT Recyclable in Aspen
Local Waste Haulers offer trash, recycling, and compost curbside services in Aspen.
Rules for Home and Business Recycling
- Single Stream Recycling (available at your home or business or at Pitkin County Landfill) means that all recyclables including paper, plastic bottles/containers, and glass go together in one bin.
- Basic Rules
- Rinse out containers to remove food residue
- No plastic bags, they are trash
- No soiled pizza boxes, they go in compost or trash
- No food, it goes in compost or trash
- Not Acceptable or Dirty Dozen List
- Frequently Asked Questions about Recycling
See Aspen’s Recycling Ordinance (PDF) to learn more about the City’s recycling policies.