Get the Recycling App
- Check out our Valley’s new recycling guide provided by EverGreen ZeroWaste. Just enter in your item and it tells you how to dispose of it.
- Put the new recycling app on your phone with these links:
Covid - 19 Information
Curbside Recycling is provided by private haulers and is planned to continue as normal. Please observe the following changes in safety protocol.
- Do Not Recycle any items that have been in contact with a sick person’s mouth, nose or eyes (with any illness) such as bottles, cans or food containers. Put these items in a bag and in the trash and then wash your hands.
- Please refer to the CDC guidelines for specific recommendations on waste disposal in households with people exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19.
Changes at the Rio Grande Recycle Center
Local Waste Haulers offer trash, recycling, and compost curbside services in Aspen.
These items are Recyclable at your Home, Business or at Pitkin County landfill
These items are NOT Recyclable in Aspen
Rules for Home and Business Recycling
- Single Stream Recycling (available at your home or business or at Pitkin County Landfill) means that all recyclables including paper, plastic bottles/containers, and glass go together in one bin.
- Basic Rules
- Rinse out containers to remove food residue
- No plastic bags, they are trash
- No soiled pizza boxes, they go in compost or trash
- No food, it goes in compost or trash
- Not Acceptable or Dirty Dozen List
- Frequently Asked Questions about Recycling
- CFL's and Thermostats see our Household Hazardous Waste page.
- Electronic Waste see our Electronic Waste page.
See Aspen’s Recycling Ordinance (PDF) to learn more about the City’s recycling policies.