Review City Comments
After your application is accepted for submission, staff from a variety of departments may need to review your application for its compliance with codes and regulations.
While simple applications only need review by Building Department staff, others may need review by some or all of these City of Aspen departments:
- Environmental Health
- Planning (for zoning compliance)
- Utilities and Environmental Initiatives (for water and electric compliance)
In addition, permits often need review by the Fire District and the Sanitation District. These reviews typically take place concurrently.
Responding to City Comments
Depending on the nature of the changes needed for your application to be compliant, you will need to take different steps to move your application forward:
- If no additional changes are needed (your application is complete and compliant), staff will notify you that your permit is ready for issuance.
- If you need to supply missing information or make minor changes, staff will prepare your comment letter and communicate the changes you need to make in your application for it to be considered complete and compliant.
- If your application is largely unacceptable and major changes are needed for it to be complete and compliant, you may be asked to redraft your proposal and submit an entirely new application form.
When you respond to City and District comments, please address all of the comments so that your resubmittal is complete. Incomplete resubmittals may not be accepted.
When resubmitting an application, remember to provide two sets of corrected 24 inch by 36 inch blueprints and one reduced set of 11 inch by 17 inch with all of the relevant paperwork, unless you have submitted your application electronically via the new online permitting system.