Be Part of the Solution
While the scale of climate change can feel overwhelming, it’s easy to be an effective part of the solution. Here are some simple ways to do so.
Be in the Know
- Educating yourself about climate change and encouraging your local, state, and federal leaders to support climate policy, programs, and research are powerful ways to make a difference.
- Get versed on the basics of climate science with NASA, the U.S. Global Change Research Program and the Union of Concerned Scientists.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in climate and energy legislation with resources like the New York Times and Vox.
- Understand the big picture solutions and why they would benefit society. Project Drawdown “maps, measures, models, and describes the 100 most substantive solutions to global warming.”
Leverage your new knowledge:
- Talk to friends and family about climate change and solutions.
- Use your social media presence to share real information and call out misinformation.
- Find your biggest lever such as your church group or small business network.
- Engage with your elected officials, letting them know how you feel about the topic of climate change.
Reduce Your Personal Carbon Footprint
Do Good, Get Healthier, Save Money, & Even Win Prizes!
- Take a look at the Carbon Footprint Calculator on the Nature Conservancy's website to calculate you or your family's footprint.
- Become more efficient in how you use energy and travel. Visit the High 5 website to explore opportunities, along with tips and resources to help you get started.