The Climate Action Office offers energy efficiency programs that help you lower your utility bills, improve the comfort and safety of your home or business, and reduce negative environmental impacts.
Save energy & money in your home:
- Schedule a home energy assessment online or call our partners, the Community Office for Resource Efficiency (CORE) at 970-925-9775.
Save energy & money in your business:
- Schedule a free commercial energy walk-through by contacting CORE at 970-925-9775 or emailing email@example.com.
Rebates & Incentives
- One rebate application gives customers of the Aspen electric utility up 50% of costs back for electricity saving projects. Rebates provided through the City of Aspen and CORE and are first come, first serve.
- Apply for Residential Rebates. View Residential Rebate Information (PDF).
- Apply for Commercial Rebates. View Commercial Rebate Information (PDF).
- Contact the City of Aspen Building Department at 970-920-5090 to see if your energy efficiency project requires a permit.
The City of Aspen electric system uses 100% renewable energy (46% hydroelectric, 53% wind power, 1% landfill gas).
By showing the economic viability of renewable energy integration, we hope this model will be adapted worldwide. Visit the Utility's Renewable Energy page to learn more.
Renewable Energy Resources of Aspen
Hydroelectric: The City of Aspen energy supply is 46% hydroelectric, including the Ruedi Dam and Maroon Creek Hydroelectric facility.
Solar: A solar thermal panel system is helping us meet our domestic hot water supply, and the water department is installing a solar voltaic system on the electric grid under the Solar Voltaic Project, reducing our community's carbon footprint by an estimated 9,215,000 pounds.
Wind: 53% of the City of Aspen's total renewable energy production comes from wind power, and more wind power purchases are possible in the future.
- View the Local Contractor List. The City of Aspen is unaffiliated with these individuals and businesses. We offer CORE's list of Roaring Fork Valley contractors as a courtesy. Please be sure to do your own research to make certain that these professionals meet your standards.