The Aspen City Council provides leadership, stewardship, and service to the city. Through an open process, we work in partnership with the community to supply services meeting residents’ and guest’s day-to-day needs, preserve and enhance our community character, and further the Aspen Dream: the ideal of a community nourishing the mind, body and spirit of our locals and guests.
City Council Members
- Torre, Mayor - email@example.com or 970-948-2023
- Ward Hauenstein, Mayor Pro-Tem - firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-948-3858
- Rachael Richards - email@example.com or 970-710-1038
- Ann Mullins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skippy Mesirow - email@example.com or 847-530-0811
City Council Policy Agenda
The Council’s Policy Agenda serves as a guideline to regional, state, and federal policy leaders for reference when considering decisions impacting the City of Aspen.
City of Aspen Mission Statement
To engage with positive civil dialogue, provide the highest quality innovative and efficient municipal services, steward the natural environment, and support a healthy and sustainable community for the benefit of future generations with respect for the work of our predecessors.
Letters to the Community
- June 3, 2020: Letter to the community regarding City of Aspen's anti-racist position.
- April 9, 2020: Letter to the community regarding COVID-19
- March 19, 2020: Letter to the community regarding COVID-19
COVID-19 Resource Packet for Businesses
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 5 p.m.
- Every Monday at 4 p.m.
- First and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.