- Feature Links
- Social Networking
City of Aspen Community Guidelines for Social Media
The City of Aspen utilizes multiple digital platforms to connect with the community on a wide array of topics. These sites are intended to be a welcoming resource for the community to learn, engage, and provide input.
Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and are subject to City of Aspen policies and guidelines. While we respect that our social media users will have differing opinions, content that violates our responsible content policy will be removed. To best facilitate online conversation, please keep your comments to the topic at hand. User-generated posts or comments could be rejected, removed, or hidden by City staff if content reflects the following:
- Vulgar, abusive, violent, or threatening language, defamatory statements or nudity in profile pictures or attachments;
- Personal attacks, hate speech or offensive terminology targeting individuals or groups of individuals;
- Contains information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Intends to defame any person, group or organization;
- Makes or publishes false, vicious or malicious statements concerning any employee;
- Suggestions or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Unsolicited business proposals or endorsements/promotion of commercial services, products or entities;
- Infringements of copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property;
- Endorsements of political parties, candidates or groups;
- Off-topic comments/posts, spam or links to unrelated sites.
Multiple violations of the city’s comment standards may result in a public user’s comments/postings being banned from City social media sites. The City's social media policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time without prior notice.
The City of Aspen reserve the right to ban users who repeatedly violate the above civility expectations from its social media properties.