Can I apply for a permit using my LLC or Trust name?

Beginning October 1, 2022, all permit applications require the first and last name of a “natural person” with an ownership interest in the property. If the title to the STR property is held by a corporation, partnership, association, trust, or similar entity, the name and contact information of any officer, director, or stockholder holding at least 10% of interests in the entity is required as the “Permittee” on the application. LLCs, trusts, or other business names will not be allowed on new STR permit applications after October 1, 2022. Applicants renewing their valid 2022 STR permits where a trust, LLC or similar was previously named must choose a natural person to assume the permittee role in the renewal application for 2023.  

Show All Answers

1. Is my property considered a “lodge”?
2. How can I determine which permit I can apply for?
3. I believe there is an STR in violation of the new ordinance regulations. What can I do?
4. Are property managers required to have a business license if they are the Qualified Owner’s Representative (QOR)?
5. What is the process to name a 3rd party management company for a 2021-2022 permit?
6. When will I know if I can get a new Classic permit in a capped zone?
7. Do I have to hire a qualified owner’s representative?
8. Can a real estate broker, acting as the Qualified Owner’s Representative, use the real estate company’s business license?
9. Can lessees of a property obtain a STR permit?
10. Where is the wildlife protection policy?
11. What does it mean to display permits/business license/in-unit messaging in a conspicuous location?
12. How do I display my permit number in 3rd party advertising?
13. What type of business license do I need?
14. Do I need an STR permit for my timeshare property?
15. I sold my house. Can I change the name on my existing 2022 STR permit?
16. How do I know if a property has a current STR permit?
17. I’m moving to a new address. Can I take my current 2021-2022 STR permit with me?
18. How do I determine in which zone district my property is located?
19. How do I know if STRs are permitted in my zone district?
20. Do I need an STR permit in Pitkin County in addition to my City of Aspen permit?
21. Can I apply for a permit using my LLC or Trust name?
22. Can I change the permittee name from one person to another in the same LLC or trust?